Sunday, November 8, 2015

Back to the Back to the Future. Again.

It's been five and a half years since I pulled down my Common Lisp blog.  I didn't know then why I did it.  I just did.  Now that I know why (head injuries from sports, mostly) and have some time reconnected to the great relativity we call reality, I've decided to restart a new blog that'll be mostly about Common Lisp and the myriad ways I enjoy exploring and using the language.

To begin with, I'm going to write about the implementation of an interpreted Common Lisp I'm writing on Java.  I spent three weeks writing it in April or May of this year, turned out close to 200 functions, then it was gone as life put the hurt on.  I'm going to resurrect the project, turn it into something programmable in Lisp and ship it on Android.  Then I'll figure out how to take over the desktop with it, and see what kind of trouble I can get into there.

Beyond that, there are language explorations, graphing packages, an operating system with secret sauce, and a few other goodies I've explored, built, and hacked out prototypes of.  Will see what makes sense to take out and play show-and-tell with for the sheer fun of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment