Tuesday, November 10, 2015

I'm Pretty Sure It's Supposed To Work Like That

While dinking around with Common Lisp and some idea about something I'd already worked on, I started wondering about packages and functions, classes and methods.  Packages are weird.  I wondered if there was some other way to make packages work.  Surprisingly, or shockingly, I came up with an idea that actually seemed viable and interesting as a way of working with organizing structure.  I'm building it now.  It looks interesting.

I think I'll have a working model of this strange new idea in a few hours.  I hope it makes packages easier to work with, but it could just be an exercise in better understanding why packages are difficult to work with.  Regardless, it's fun to be experimenting with metadata and program structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment